Anastrozole is an aromatase inhibitor (AI). In simple terms, it delays the body’s natural production of an enzyme called aromatase, which is responsible for the conversion of testosterone to estradiol. Use the drug on a course with aromatizing anabolic steroids to reduce the negative effects of estrogen on the body.
Initially, it is worth considering the positive and negative effects of estrogens on the male body. Estrogens play an important role in various functions of the male and female body. It is from these very functions that the general state of health of the athlete and his results depend.
The positive effect of estrogen:
- play an important role in the immune system;
- necessary in the nutrition of bone tissue;
- have a positive effect on cholesterol levels;
- necessary for the production of growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor;
- play an important role in maintaining the “liquid balance” in the body at the proper level;
- help absorb glucose;
- support sexual desire.
Negative aspects of elevated estrogen levels:
- retain fluid in the body, swelling;
- fatigue and increased clogging of muscle tissue during training;
- acne (acne), which was not previously observed;
- increased risk of prostate cancer;
- blood clotting increases;
- the risk of cardiovascular diseases increases;
- increases the risk of hypertension (high blood pressure);
- increased risk of stroke;
- cause gynecomastia (swelling and itching in the nipples, breast enlargement);
- in some cases, reduced sexual desire;
- female type obesity;
- extra sweating;
- possible sleep disturbances;
- can cause hair loss.
With the help of aromatase inhibitors, the level of estrogens is controlled, the growth of which must be restrained in case of their excess production. Proper use of anastrozole allows not only to counteract aromatization, but also simultaneously enhance the growth of free testosterone. If you follow the dosing regimen, the remedy will be perfectly tolerated by the body, without any negative consequences.
For example, consider Anastrozole. The drug was invented at the end of the last century, its original purpose was the treatment of breast cancer in an operable form. The effectiveness of the drug in this area has been proven, this contributed to its popularity in sports when using anabolic steroids by athletes.
Possible side effects of anastrozole on an anabolic course
Any medicine has both a pronounced effect and negative manifestations while taking it. Problems can arise if the athlete exceeds the dose chosen for him, takes the drug for too long, does not conduct regular blood tests to detect hormonal indicators.
For the normal functioning of the male body, estrogens are necessary. If you take anastrozole for a long time and uncontrollably on a course of anabolic steroids, the level of this hormone can reach critically low levels. This can cause a number of side effects:
- memory impairment, apathy, drowsiness, fatigue;
- deterioration in sports form;
- frequent mood swings up to depression;
- violation of oxygen metabolism in tissues;
- deterioration of blood clotting;
- violation of the functionality of nerve cells;
- decrease in stimulation of metabolic processes (anabolism worsens);
- pain in the joints;
- decreased bone strength (osteoporosis);
- headache, dizziness;
- decreased libido;
- an increase in the level of cholesterol in the blood;
- anemia, thromboembolism, thrombophlebitis;
- skin rashes and itching;
- thinning hair, baldness;
- lack of appetite when gaining weight;
- liver disease.
All this suggests that anastrozole in bodybuilding should be used with caution, monitor blood counts, and follow the recommendations of professionals.
How to use anastrozole on the course of anabolic steroids?
Tablets can be used at any time of the day, but the maximum effect can be achieved when taken on an empty stomach. If you drink the medicine with plenty of water, it will be absorbed faster and penetrate into the bloodstream.
When using testosterone, anastrozole is taken both on different days and every day, it all depends on the level of aromatization, which proceeds differently for everyone due to individual characteristics, as well as depending on the dosage of testosterone and its ester. The duration of the use of anastrozole is the entire period of use of flavoring substances. For example, when using testosterone propionate, anastrozole must be taken for another fifth day after the last injection. And after long testosterone esters (enanthate, decanoate, cypionate, sustanon, etc.), anastrozole has to be taken for the third week after the last injection, and sometimes longer.
When prescribing anastrozole dosage to yourself, you should be careful and not rely on past experience with the same testosterone ester and a similar dosage. It can always turn out that the level of aromatization will be different with each new course, since the manufacturer of the drug may make a mistake, the drug may turn out to be a fake, the manufacturer will change, and your body may react differently each subsequent time. Whatever it was, the level of aromatization should be periodically rechecked and the dosage of anastrozole adjusted. As an exception, a course with trenbolone can be considered, since the real level of aromatization cannot be determined during this course and, in this case, the dosage of anastrozole is selected according to experience from the previous course, in which there was a similar dosage of testosterone and its ester.
During post-course therapy, anastrozole is not used if the aromatization level does not rise above the permissible values for the entire period of therapy.
It is not permissible to replace anastrozole with tamoxifen, since they have more mutually exclusive effects. Also, while taking anastrozole, it is undesirable to take alcohol, as it neutralizes a possible therapeutic effect.
Anastrozole can be bought in any form: Arimidex, Egistrazol, Selana, Mammozol or Anastrex. The drugs differ in price, but have the same effectiveness.